Saturday, November 9, 2019

Liposuction

I am skinny fat. Although I look slim, I actually have a lot of fats because my bones are small and only occupy half of the space (eg, my arms).

I have always hated my torso too. I had a bulging stomach and love handles even as a teen in high school. This was when my limps were relatively slim (and definitely slimmer than now).

I have always toyed with the idea of liposuction but it seemed very far-reaching because I never came across any ad or posts on liposuction in my country. And obvously I didn't have the money to afford any procedure like that. My parents also would not support such idea.

On a random day, I was googling liposuction (again?haha) with no particular purpose. Then I came across Elixir de Vie's website/youtube channel. I also started reading on liposuction experience of people from my country on the forums and blogs. It all seemed really promising. I have also worked for a few years now, which means I can fork up funds to beautify myself. Lol!

I emailed Jennifer enquiring on the current fees for abdominal liposuction and was told S$2,000 per area after subsidy. To qualify for subsidised rates, I would have to consent to photographic and videographic documentation. The standard rate without subsidy would otherwise be 30% more. This rate is effective from 1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019.

She also sent me emails explaining the areas that can be lipo-ed and what constitutes an area. Dr Arthur's signature procedure is his 3D liposuction. Because fats are not just on one side of your body, you can only achieve the best results by sculpting all angles - front, sides and back. I opted for the 3D abdominal liposuction as I want not just a flat tummy, I also want my upper abdomen to be flat, love handles gone, an hourglass shaped waist, zero noticeable bra fat and a nice lower back arch that emphasises my perky butt. The 3D torso liposuction consists of 5 areas, hence, S$10,000. It is not a small sum but it is worth it for people who have a body like mine.

Apart from my abdomen, I have also always despised my chubby face. I don't really have a double chin but my jaws are hopeless and look connected to my neck sometimes lol. So it's definitely important to go for face and jaw liposuction. Because if your face is fat, you naturally look fat even if your body isn't. The jowls, chin and neck are considered as one single area. That's S$2,000.

All potential clients are required to answer 10 questions from the doctor and send photos of your problem areas. If Dr Arthur accepts your case, you will have to undergo a blood test. The blood test report is only valid for a year.

After checking Dr Arthur's availability, I proceeded to purchase my flight tickets. Although a deposit is not required to book a surgery slot, you would need to email Jennifer your flight ticket details in order to book a slot from Monday to Saturday. It is important that you schedule your surgery not too close to your menstruation.

As Elixir de Vie is not a hospital, it offers lodging like an AirBnb instead. The nightly rate for an ensuite room for single occupancy is S$60 as at 2019.

There are a few things that you need to prepare:

1) Compression garment
I bought my abdomen binder and face binder from Marena. The abdomen binder is a 3-split panel binder, which gives a lot more versatility because the width of our abdomen varies from the ribcage, waist, and hips.

2) Arnica Montana/ Yunnan Baiyao
These are supposed to reduce bruising and swelling. It is recommended to start taking it 5 days prior to the surgery. I took Yunnan Baiyao but I am not sure whether it actually does anything. I did not take on and after the day of surgery, neither was I prescribed with any.

3) Dettol
Patients are required to shower with Dettol soap 3 days before surgery and after surgery to minimise the risk of infection.

4) Roaming and increase of daily bank transfer limit
For those who opt to pay via bank transfer or card , it is important to increase your account/card daily transfer limit and to activate roaming if an OTP is used.

5) Waterproof plasters
As incisions are not stitched in order to allow drainage of waste products from your body, waterproof plasters should be used to cover all incisions before shower until the wounds have closed.


I will be writing about my experience on the day of surgery in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2.5 - 3 Months Post-Op

Hello from 2.5- 3 months post op! Updating at this point because it typically takes at least 3 months for all the swelling to subside. ...