Sunday, November 10, 2019

Post-Op Week 2

Hello from nearly 2 weeks post op!

I am still religiously wearing the compression garment and massaging the liposuctioned areas every day and night! (Not going to let all the $$ and effort to waste!). Alas, I could only wear the jaw compression garment at night. 

Since I went back home, I would put on waterproof plasters on the incision sites before I showered. I did not want to risk getting an infection. Every morning and evening I would massage my abdomen and jaws, then apply the thrombophob cream and hydrocortisone cream.

The swelling has subsided significantly. Bruising has also improved. The bruises changed from brown to yellow. I was concerned when I saw yellowing of skin but Dr Arthur assured me that this was part of the healing process. Soon the bruises will be completely gone :)

My body was less sore, though I had to be careful not to be too rough with my movements. There was some hardness but it's just part of the whole post-liposuction journey. 

I must emphasize that my waist is much smaller, love handles are practically gone, and my chin....there's not a layer of anything even when I look down!

Here are some 2 weeks post-op photos taken in the morning on an empty stomach. (Sorry for the heavily censored photos as there is no decent full length mirror.)






View of jowls, jaw, and chin




No comments:

Post a Comment

2.5 - 3 Months Post-Op

Hello from 2.5- 3 months post op! Updating at this point because it typically takes at least 3 months for all the swelling to subside. ...